CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2019 BOT ELECTIONS
Click here to view the advertisement being published in The Star calling for nominations for the BOT elections for 2019.
NZSTA are preparing for the upcoming Triennial Board of Trustee elections. NZSTA is working very hard to encourage parent and whanau participation on school boards in order to help shape and support the education of their children. To that end, we will be rolling out the Korari Programme for anyone interested in finding out about standing for the school board elections and having a say in the education of their children.
- Korari: a programme that provides you with governance training to help you understand the role of school boards of trustees. This free workshop in our area is on Tuesday 9 April – see poster on the previous page. (Note – this is an information sharing session – Qs and As, not training of potential board members).
- Korari form: NZSTA will support anyone who advises us they are interested in becoming a trustee, by way of the workshops but also providing access to our Learning Management System where online modules re. school governance, student achievement etc. can be completed. Attached is a form for completion which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community member guide to the role of the board of trustees: This explains a lot of commonly asked questions and information about becoming a trustee.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee then there are a few options available for you to gain the information you will need to make the decision to stand.
- Have a chat to a current member (Jen Evans, Karen Brandon, Janet Carson, Jonny Langley, Thomas Parata, Elizabeth Kazmierczak, Vanessa Manning, Cheryl Lineham or Liz Weir)
- Come in to chat with our Board members from 5.30pm on Tuesday 26th March 2019 in the staffroom
- Attend an information evening held by NZSTA (NZ School Trustees Association). These meetings are being held in April in three locations across Christchurch. The nearest meeting for parents from our school is on April 9th at Haeata Community Campus from 6 to 8pm. RSVP to email@example.com if you’re interested in attending.