Rāwhiti School has adopted a cohort entry system starting from Term 1 in 2022. This means that there are only two start dates each term for new entrants:
- The first day of each term
- The mid-point during a term, usually the first school day in Week 6.
This could mean that a child may not start school on their 5th birthday so this is something parents should be mindful of when preparing their child for their starting date. Children can remain at their ECE until the intake after their fifth birthday and they will continue to receive funding to attend ECE until they start school.
In zone procedure for enrolling a new entrant child
You can enrol your child at any stage but usually once they turn 4 year old you could start thinking about getting their enrolment underway.
You can come into school and pick up an enrolment pack, or you can find all the information here on the website or on the “Starting School” link.
To confirm the enrolment you will be asked to provide:
- proof of address e.g. power or internet account, rates demand or rental agreement
- a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- a completed enrolment form
- your child’s immunisation certificate.
(If you wish to enrol a school aged child already at another school please contact the school office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 03 388-9519.)